Here at CCM, we’ve branded ourselves as more than a literary magazine. We aim to reach beyond traditional definitions of art and writing. So, we’ve reimagined artistic categories as the following:
- Music recordings
- Spoken poetry/writing
- Film (may also fall under Visual)
- Topography and GIS
- Architectural layouts
- Interior design
- Flash fiction
- Short stories
- Reporting or feature writing
- Written sheet music
- Video games, visual novels
- Computer generated imagery
- Culinary art
- Character design
- Textiles, clothing, and fashion design
- Essays and research
- Field notes and creative data
You can combine elements of these categories – several of the examples we provided can fall into multiple categories, and we encourage you not to let these categories limit you. If you are able to create work that exists completely outside of these categories, we will gladly review your submitted work with care and openness.
- The maximum number of pieces anyone can submit to CCM (or have published) per issue is three.
- Staff members may submit to CCM.
- We allow simultaneous submissions.
- It will never cost money to submit to CCM.
- We value documentation. Even if we like a piece, if the documentation is poor (low resolution, shaky, dimly lit), its odds of being published are lower.
- Our Google Forms are set up to take a maximum combined file size attachment of 1GB. If, for any reason, your files exceed this limit, please email us so we can figure out an alternative.
- If you are submitting visual art, please be sure to submit high-quality images. 150 to 300 ppi is ideal.
- 15,000 word limit on writing.
- Work may be previously published, but you must clarify this on your submission and include a source as to where the work has been previously published. Please also ensure the other publication permits you to re-publish the piece.
- Note on AI-generated work: AI-generated art is still a nascent technology and, as such, our standards are subject to change. We currently allow AI-generated work as long as the AI has been exclusively trained with your work. Please be purposeful, ethical, and creative with any implementations of this technology for submission purposes, and clarify in your submission it is AI-generated.